USB-C 100W Mini Docking Station with Multi-Stream Triple Video (VP6950)
1. What Systems are compatible with the VP6950?
Compatible (Data & Charging)
- Macbook (2015 thru current)
- Macbook Pro – 13”/15” (2016 thru current)
- Google Chromebook (2016 thru current)
- Microsoft Lumia – 950 / 950XL
- Huawei Matebook* (2016 thru current)
- Dell XPS* - 13” / 15”
- Xiaomi Air – 12.5” (2016 thru current)
- HP Spectre – 13” (2017 thru current)
- iPad Pro – iOS 13.0 and higher
- *An extra 60W plug is needed for power.
- Samsung TabPro S
- Wacom Mobilestudio Pro 16
- Nexus 6P
- Surface Book 2
- iPad Pro – iOS 12 & below
- *Not a full list
2. My USB-C Multi-Port Hub gets hot while in use. Is this normal?
It is normal. The aluminum housing is designed to help it cool... that's how it dissipates heat. Just like the bottom of a laptop gets hot. Since the aluminum housing helps radiate heat, do not cover or enclose the hub while in use.
3. Where do I find drivers for my USB-C Multi-Port Hub?
There are no drivers for the hub. Modern operating systems for the Mac, Windows and Linux have the USB drivers already built in. By using standard USB-C interfaces, no proprietary drivers are required or used as this ensure greatest compatibility.
4. Why isn't HDMI video working on my USB-C port?
The USB-C specification can either include or not include HDMI output. Some laptops do not send HDMI video over USB C and instead just use it as a reversible USB port. Mac laptops include the MacBook 12 and MacBook Pro do send HDMI over USB C and should work. If a first party USB-C to HDMI adapter exists, video output should work.
5. Why do the extended displays on my Mac show the same image?
Due to macOS limitations, newer Apple computers limit the Extend Mode to one external monitor, all external monitors will display mirror images.
6. Sometimes a device disconnects while in use what can I do?
Do not unplug the power supply while in use! Doing so will result in a short interruption of power to all devices connected to the USB-C Hub and could lead to data loss.
The quality of USB-C ports on a computer can degrade over time and loosen up. We recommend that you place your laptop on a table with the Multi-port hub plugged in and use the computer with an external keyboard and mouse making sure not to move the computer or the hub to see if a disconnect occurs. If the connected devices stop working with your computer please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what ports were connected, with what devices, and doing what function
Accessories & Replacement Parts
Are there any replacement parts for the VP6950 Hub?
No. Your USB-C 100W Mini Docking Station is a self-contained product.
What is my warranty on SMK-Link products?
How can I return my SMK-Link order?
If purchased directly from the SMK-Link websites, you may return your product within two weeks of purchase for any reason. Products purchases from other outlets must be returned to the place of purchase. For returns directly to SMK-Link Electronics, see ( Product Returns ) to obtain an RMA authorization and return shipping address. You cannot return your order to SMK-Link without and RMA authorization number.